Posted on June 2nd, 2013
Here are a few important updates for coalition members:
- Final Medicaid Benefits Letter: Thank you for signing onto the letter regarding benefits for Medicaid eligible recipients and low-wage earners. Thanks to the Low-Income Populations Subgroup members for coordinating this sign-on letter.
- Revenue Needed: An excellent summary of concerns with the Senate budget proposal is provided by the Budget and Policy Center, and recent article by the AP in The Olympian on the budget and bill negotiations. Actions continue in district to call for new revenue to be in the final budget to protect vital programs and services, including health care and safety net programs. FUSE is putting yard signs in communities to call for new revenue; if you are interested in helping please call (916) 390-7862. The Statewide Poverty Action Network is holding a phone bank, if you are interested in helping please call (206) 694-6794.
- Job Opening: Washington Dental Service Foundation is seeking an individual with policy experience to be a member of their leadership team. No oral health experience required. The job description is attached.
- Save the Date: The 2013 Statewide Consumer Network Conference for individuals with mental health challenges or co-occurring disorders themselves is occurring Saturday, July 20, 2013, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. To be held at Tacoma Community College 1501 S 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466. Space is limited so please RSVP for Lunch at (206) 257.6840 or 1.855.436.9727.
- AARP Health Care Resource: The AARP shared an excellent resource for health care reform implementation.
- Healthy WA Facebook: Don’t forget to sign up for Healthy WA Coalition’s Facebook page, where the communication team posts updates, articles and announcements regularly.
Thank you. Please let me know if you have any questions or additional information to share as we will not be meeting regularly in special session.
« Final Sign-On Letters & Budget Analysis
| Two Updates